Green Champions Award
Become a yes2wind Green Champion
yes2wind is pleased to launch of its Green Champions Awards. This is for fun as much as anything else.
We recognise that there are many wind energy supporters who campaign tirelessly across the country to muster support. We have launched this scheme to acknowledge specific people each month who have made a significant contribution to promoting wind and/or other types of renewable energy; be it on one particular project, or wind energy in general. Our main focus will be on those who have engaged with yes2wind in some specific way, especially as a member of the Facebook community; but it won't be restricted to this group alone.
Every month, we will give away a stunning solar powered model turbine similar to the one shown below (about 18" tall) with yes2wind branding. We know that the 'winners' aren't seeking reward in any way, but we hope that this lovely trophy will give them pleasure - especially as they see the blades spinning in the sunshine!
What are the rules?
As a guide we're looking for contributions to the Facebook page that are relevant to the promotion of wind energy.
These could be:
- Recruiting like-minded wind supporters to the Facebook page
- Showing your support for current wind energy proposals
- Submitting information of any wind projects that you think yes2wind should be supporting that are not currently on our site
- The supply of relevant informative or interesting links
- Making interesting comments that are helpful
- Regularity of comments or engagement with the Facebook page
- Introducing yourself as a member of the yes2wind community and why you support wind energy development
- Creating, or engaging with, a discussion feature on the Facebook page
- Submitting a story about what you, or someone you know, has done to promote wind energy proposals or wind energy in general – photos of supporter groups or events would be most welcome
- Submitting information about any local wind energy support groups across the UK
On a monthly basis we will announce who is the Green Champion - and why.
From the 12 monthly winners we will select the yes2wind green champion of the year, a supporter who in our opinion has made a significant contribution to promoting wind energy during the year, be it on one particular project, or for wind energy in general.
This is one of a series of fun yes2wind initiatives to connect and reward potential supporters of wind energy projects. In 2012 we hope to roll out the yes2wind ‘adopt a wind turbine’ campaign, which we hope will identify even more wind ambassadors to help support existing and proposed wind projects throughout the UK. More details of this will be unveiled early in 2012